CUET Eligibility Important Points
- There is no age limit for the candidates.
- 12th pass students are eligible to appear in CUET 2022.
- Candidates who have failed the exam in two subjects in class 12th are not allowed to apply for CUET.
- The eligibility criteria of the exam are different for UG/PG/Ph.D.
- UG: General category candidate needs to score a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th in order to apply for the CUET exam. More than 45% marks in class 12th are required for the SC/ST/OBC/PWD category candidates.
- PG: For CUET PG the applicants have to score more than 55% in their graduation if they belong to the General category. In the case of the SC/ST/PWD category, the qualifying mark for CUET is 50% in graduation.
- Ph.D.: A PG degree with a minimum of 55% marks for general category students is required. And for the SC/ST/PWD candidates with 50% marks are eligible for the exam.
- Candidates are informed that the eligibility criteria of CUET can be different from the universities. Satisfying the CUET eligibility criteria does not mean that you are eligible to apply to any university. Kindly read the prospectus of the institute where you are willing to apply and then go ahead with your CUET application.
The formation of the CUET exam was done under the act of parliament. So all the participating universities are required to follow the norms decided by the Govt. of India. The participating institute needs to follow the reservation guideline for the admission process. CUET reservation provides relaxation in marks to the SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD category candidates.
Note: All the CUET participating institutes have to follow the reservation norms apart from central universities they have their reservation policies that apply to their admission process.
CUET Candidate Claiming for GEN- EWS Reservation
- The candidate needs to upload the EWS certificate while filling up the form.
- EWS certificate must be issued on or after 1 Jan 2022 with respect to the latest norms of govt of India.
- The candidate needs to submit the declaration [Declaration in Lieu of Gen-EWS Certificate at Annexure-IB] in case they fail to submit the EWS certificate.
CUET Candidate Claiming for OBC Reservation
- Applicants are instructed to upload the OBC certificate along with the online CUET application form.
- The certificate must be issued by Govt. of India on or after 01 Jan 2022.
- If the candidates are not able to fulfill the above requirements then they have to submit a deceleration [Declaration in Lieu of OBC-NCL Certificate as per Annexure-IIB].
CUET Candidate Claiming for SC/ST Reservation
- Caste certificate of SC and ST needs to be uploaded along with the CUET application form.
- A certificate must be issued by the Govt. of India.
For Candidates claiming the PwBD category Reservation
- The physically challenged candidates have to submit the Physical disability certificate (Unique Disability Identification (UDID) Certificate or Annexure-IV (Form-PwBD(II))/ Annexure-V (Form-PwBD(III))/ AnnexureVI (Form-PwBD(IV)), whichever is applicable.
- Certificates should be issued by the medical authorities.
- Dyslexic applicants are required to submit Annexure-VII (Form-DYSLEXIC-1) and Annexure-VIII (Form-DYSLEXIC 2) in the place of Annexure-IV (FormPwBD(II))/Annexure-V (Form-PwBD(III))/Annexure-VI (Form-PwBD(IV)).
- The certificate must mention ‘SEVERE’ under the Dyslexia category to enable the 21 INFORMATION BULLETIN: CUET (UG) – 2022 candidate to get the benefit of the PwBD category.
Candidate Eligible under the CUET Reservation Criteria for PWD:
- Any person who has 40% or more disability satisfied by authorities is eligible to get the benefits of CUET reservation.
- Candidates with the following disabilities are eligible for reservation relaxation: Low Vision/Blindness,Deaf, Mental Problems/illness, Multiple disabilities, Particular learning disabilities
Facilities for PWD Candidates
Department of Empowerment of Persons with disabilities under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment release the guidelines regarding “Written Examination for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities” and they kept on releasing between a time interval. An applicant with disabilities is eligible for some facilities which are mentioned below :
- A scribe will be provided to candidates for the written exam who can write the exam for them. It is only applicable if the candidate has physical limitation disabilities certified by the medical authorities.
- Extra time will be given to all the PWD eligible candidates for the CUET exam. It does not matter if they use the scribe facilities or not. For the 45-minute examination extra 15 minutes will be given to them and 20 minutes extra given for the 60 minutes examination.`
- Applicants who have lost their vision or are dyslexic or have a disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/hands are eligible for the scribe facility.